Thursday, May 26, 2011

Organizing Your Inspiration

In my last post about Planning, I mentioned that you could find your inspiration anywhere- magazines, websites, books... The sky really is the limit (or maybe not!)

So, you've stared at magazines, poured over the Pottery Barn website, even stumbled across some blogs out there with some really great ideas- now what?  I mean, what do you do with all the tidbits?  Can you even remember EXACTLY what you liked about the Pottery Barn ad you were looking at?  Wouldn't it be nice if you had some sort of filing system in place?  This is where Pinterest comes in.


What is Pinterest?
Think of Pinterest as a virtual pinboard — a place where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste.
People use Pinterest to collect and share all sorts of things -- wedding inspiration, favorite T-shirts, DJ equipment. You name it, people are pinning it.
We know you have great taste in something. Our mission is to make Pinterest the best place for you to share your taste with the world.

I stumbled onto Pinterest right after it went live and then waited... and waited... and waited... for my invite request to be processed.  You see, the only way to use Pinterest is to be invited to use it- either by the site itself (which can take up to two weeks) or by a Pinterest user (and I didn't know anyone using Pinterest that early in the process.)

I HEART HEART HEART it.  (And no, they aren't paying me to say that- it's just that it makes organizing my thoughts THAT much easier!)

And the beauty of it is that 90 percent of what I can find in a magazine or catalog I can find online also- then it's a simple click of their "Pin It" toolbar button (as simple as installing a bookmark on your toolbar!) and I've got a place to store my inspiration piece ALONG with a few simple notes on what I loved about the picture.

Don't have Pinterest but want to get it?  Leave a comment with your email address, and I'll send you an invite.

2 comments:

  1. Im your first follower from bloggy moms, have a great week! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. decorating a rental property is indeed more tricky - I love decorating and have my own home but I have also rented in the past and the places definitely needed some love. I think you have a great niche here and I wish you much success, and thanks for the info on Pinterest - I had never heard of it but will check it out.

    p.s. I'm a new follower on Google, Facebook and Twitter. Nice to meet you through SITS

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every comment posted, so please feel free to tell me what you're thinking.